The Shulchan Aruch is a massive anthology of Jewish law (aka halacha) compiled in 1565 in Venice by Rabbi Joseph Karo that is still considered authoritative by many Jewish sects. It is also a prop in this porn clip for some reason.
Perhaps the volume was sitting around whatever house this was filmed in and the producers thought it would make a clever intro to the sexytimes. But the actors’ ad-libs raise more questions that they should. Such as:
- Is Liv Aguilera’s character pretending to read Hebrew or did her in-laws really teach it to her as she claims? She does know when it’s upside-down!
- Who are her in-laws?
- Are they her husband’s family?
- Did she convert to marry him?
- If she’s married, why is she having sex with this random dude whose relationship to her is never explained? Is she in an open relationship?
- Which volume of the Shulchan Aruch is she reading?
- Does she have a chavruta (study partner)? Does she want one?
I don’t have the answers to these questions. But I do have the very NSFW video, linked below the fold.